Leasing a vehicle and filling in the documentation that comes with it can seem like a daunting task, but it need not. In just a few simple steps we can take you from the start to the finish of your vehicle lease.
At AMG Autolease we have your best interests at heart. Before we get to the ordering stage of your vehicle lease, we have a legal duty to verify the identity of all our customers, whether you’ve leased for years, or its your first time. Doing this means you are protected from anyone who may be trying to use your identity. This is also to comply with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations, but let us worry about that.
Now depending on if you’re looking at a business or personal contract depends what happens next to an extent. Either way we’ll ask you to complete a proposal form, this allows us to see if you are eligible for finance.
When looking at a personal lease you will be asked a number of questions, not only to verify your identity but to also check aspects such as credit history as well as your monthly income and expenditure.
The above image shows the first half of the AMG Autolease personal proposal form. Here you can see we ask you are range of questions, these include:
- Employment details from the past three years, this determines how your present income and expenditure is likely to change over the duration of your vehicle lease, and how it has already changed over the three years.
- Personal details such as marital status and partner/ spouse details.
- Address details from the previous five years. This information is used to verify your identity, not only this it also enables us to make sure that a customers credit history is looked in to and confirmed.
- Your personal month by month income and expenditure. These details are so that we can ensure you can sustainabley afford the finance deal which you wish to proceed upon.
- Your bank details in relation to the account for which you will be setting up a direct debit on the basis that your application be accepted. At no point will money be taken from your account without your permission. This lets us see how you have managed your existing accounts and if you will be able to meet payments.
We may also require some additional information, depending on the following circumstances: If you are not currently in full time employment, have moved home multiple times in the last few years, or if you’ve recently changed jobs/ employers. All this allows us to ensure that you can afford your desired lease.
At the point of your finance application being approved, we will ask you to provide photographic Proof of ID along with Proof of Address docs. AMG Autolease keep a copy of these for records, however depending on the finance provider, you may use original documents, scanned copies or photocopies of the documents. We will provide requirements specific to you at the point of finance acceptance.
- Full UK/EEA Driving Licence photo card with the date of the licence and photograph visible, these must be in date, alternatively a paper licence AND UK/EEA Passport – both in date can be provided. (A provisional license will not be accpeted.)
(Sent in the form of a scanned document, this proof of ID will be used to verify the signature on your documentation).
PLEASE NOTE: If the signature differs from the other paperwork required (detailed below), We will ask you to provide further proof or potentially re-sign all docs. It is important signatures are matching across documents.
- Proof of address. This can be one of the following, an electricity bill or a bank statement, these cannot be internet-printed.
Other documents that may be accepted:
- Council tax/letter.
- Notification of entitlement to state/local authority benefit.
- Notification of entitlement to tax credit.
- Council rent papers or tenancy agreement.
- HMRC (Inland Revenue) correspondence which must consist of name, address and permanent NI number.
Please note other docs will not be accepted.
As stated above, once finance is returned, we can advise of the documentation required particular to yourself. Some finance providers allow you to provide photocopies of identification, however others require the original which must include photocopies of the following – reference details, photographs, transactions and current UK visas. The name/title and address stated on your identification must match the name and address you provide us on your application. Please note in certain circumstances additional documents may be required.
Business leasing works slightly differently, once you have received and approved an official AMG Autolease quotation, we will ask you for the following:
- Company details- including company name, address, company reg no. and turnover per annum.
- Business bank details, including bank name, account number and sort code
- Director details for each/ all directors. This must include name, date of birth and marital status.
Dependent upon the business circumstances, AMG Autolease may ask for additional information such as:
- Management accounts
- previous 3 months business bank statements
- A director guarantee
For more information on all aspects of leasing a vehicles go to car leasing made simple.